Recently established Safety Management Systems (SMS) can contribute to this effort by helping airlines detect and correct safety problems before they result in aircraft accidents or incidents.
Leading regulatory aviation agencies declared guidelines for the establishment of SMS at airports:
ICAO Annex 14:
"A systematic approach to managing safety, including the necessary organizational structures, accountabilities, policy and procedures"
FAA AC 150/5200-37:
"Formal business like approach to managing safety risk. It includes systematic procedures, practices and policies for the management of safety"
Main goals of a safety management process are as follows:
1. Identify possible hazards with significant risk of an accident, injury or damage
2. Select appropriate corrective action to eliminate this risk or to reduce it to acceptable levels
3. Monitor the corrective action undertaken and test its efficiency
Establishing a formal reporting procedure within the airline management is an important element of each SMS that allows monitoring the level of safety performance achieved throughout the organization, being aware of every possible threat or risk and taking appropriate corrective action to minimize those risks.
This requires comprehensive availability of operational data and means for analyzing this data.
Our FavoWeb FRACAS software product meets the 4 basic requirements provided by any SMS:
FavoWeb FRACAS functionality and configuration allows for uniform and easy data collection. Forms are flexible and allow our customer to identify fields or data to be collected and tracked. FavoWeb FRACAS is user friendly and wherever possible implements on "point-and-click" technique, so that data collection becomes easy and therefore accurate. This also facilitates analysis and reporting since "free-text" input is minimized.
Analysis of the data
FavoWeb FRACAS offers numerous reliability and statistics trending reports combined with the flexible query mechanism.
Our RAM Commander's Safety Assessment Software Module implements tasks of qualitative and quantitative safety assessment required during system development:
• Generation and verification of safety requirements;
• Identification of all relevant failure conditions;
• Consideration of all significant combinations of failures causing failure conditions;
• Generation of output reports starting from the stage of Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA/PHA) and ending with the System Safety Assessment (SSA) verifying that the design meets safety requirements.
Corrective Action Effectiveness Assessment
FavoWeb FRACAS Corrective Actions (CA) module provides full support for all corrective action activities: CA definition, implementation, verification and follow-up, documentation of the entire process and measuring the efficiency of the proposed CA with the help of special metrics.
This mechanism offers 2 options:
• Existing corrective Action Mechanism: from CA identification, FRB/MRB decision making and follow-up to CA implementation
• Modified CA mechanism tailored to the requirements
Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Actions System (FRACAS) Software
Failure Data Collection Services
Try Free FRACAS Software
ALD Safety Assessment Services
ALD Safety Services for Certification
Please take a look at ALD white papers and brochures dedicated to system safety:
|ALD Reliability and Safety Services Catalogue||ALD Reliability and Safety Software Tools|