FIDES Guide 2004, 2009
The FIDES Guide contains two parts:
- A reliability prediction guide
- A reliability process control and audit guide.
The FIDES Guide aims to enable a realistic assessment of the reliability of electronic equipment, including systems operating in severe environments (aeronautics, defense systems, industrial electronics, transport, etc.). The FIDES Guide also aims to provide a concrete tool to develop and control this reliability.
The FIDES Guide key features are:
- Providing models both for electrical, electronic, and electromechanical components, and for the PWAs or some subassemblies
- Revealing and taking into consideration all technological and physical factors that play an identified role in a product's reliability
- Taking into precise consideration the mission profile
- Taking into consideration the electrical, mechanical and thermal overstresses
- Taking into consideration the failures linked to the development, production, field operation and maintenance processes
- The possibility of distinguishing several suppliers of a same component.
By identifying the factors contributing to reliability, whether technological, physical or process-based, the FIDES Guide makes it possible to revise product definition and intervene throughout the product lifecycle, to improve and control reliability.
Download FIDES Guide Reliability Prediction Software RAM COMMANDER
Download Free MTBF Calculator
Back to Reliability Prediction Standards