The purpose of Safety Assessment is to provide and assure the following:
• That the system interfaces and integration with the system meets overall safety requirements.
• That the system's end user be cognizant with the identified risks in operating and maintaining the system.
Safety Assessment is described and required by different safety standards like MIL-STD-882C, DI-SAFT-80102A, MIL-STD-1472, SAE ARP 4761, FAR/CS 25.1309, SAE 4754A and other documents.
System Safety Assessment may be performed at Design, Production and Field use phases of the product.
It is especially important for mission-critical and safety-critical products of aviation, aerospace and defense industries.
The Safety Assessment Analysis includes:
• Safety criteria and a hazard classification procedure.
• Results of safety analyses performed.
• Identified risks still existing and constituting a hazard to operators and maintenance personnel.
• A hazards list and recommendations for their elimination or reduction to an acceptable level.
• An assessment of actual system's compliance with the safety requirements.
ALD provides all major Safety Assessment Services (System Safety Assessment - SSA, Preliminary Hazard Analysis - PHA, Functional Hazard Analysis - FHA, Master Minimal Equipment List Analysis - MMEL, Fault Tree Analysis - FTA and more).
ALD provides also a Computerized Safety Assessment Software Tool - RAM Commander.
Please take a look at ALD white papers and brochures dedicated to system safety:
|ALD Reliability and Safety Services Catalogue
|ALD Reliability and Safety Software Tools